The Coyote Connection is exploding! All it took was a published piece and now the students cannot WAIT for their turn. We have more up since I last blogged and the feedback has been wonderful.
This last Friday, we went to The Nutcracker Ballet. I'm really proud of my students and how well behaved they were. The boys loved the battle between the soldiers and the mice, of course.
As far as my chatty class, I'm REALLY tightening up on them. I'm continually telling them my expectations and holding those that aren't following directions accountable. I'm hoping this isn't a year long thing, BUT...we are in November.
All of my Nutcraker pictures are on my computer at school. I'll post them this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a great experience for your students to experience the Nutcracker, that is something I'm sure they will remember for along time. I was glad to see that I wasn't the only one having problems with chatty children. All the teachers in our Middle school are having problems with our sixth graders. They don't know when to be quiet, they can't write with out Plagiarizing and they are very immature! This is the first year since the 6th graders came to the middle school (it has been 6 years)that we have said that they are too young to be here!! What are some of the consequences you give your students for talking? I was wondering what works???? We have tried a lot of different things. Have a good Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteThis is wonderful, and I am sure it was a great experience for your students. The Nutcracker is full of imaginative tales for students of all ages.
ReplyDeleteHow do you combat the talkative students in your class? That was the BIGGEST source of frustration when I taught. I could take the pushing, the spit balls (o.k...not that that happened too often), the tattling, etc., but the constant chattering drove me bananas! It's just more rude than anything, but unfortunately, adults are just as bad.
One of my former Lesley professors told me she was doing a presentation where her boss was present. Her boss chattered with a neighbor throughout the entire presentation, and my professor was furious. Being her boss, she didn't feel like she could say anything, but she told me she wanted to stop and say, "As soon as I have everyone's full attention, I'll continue." LOL! Isn't that funny?!?! (and sad)
I am glad that your kids are so excited about publishing! My class did a VoiceThread for Thanksgiving and were trilled to have it uploaded to our classroom website. Anyway, how does your school pay for field trips? Did students have to bring money for the ballet?
ReplyDelete